Liver is the largest internal organ which breaks, balances and creates nutrients so that the body can use it for energy generation and other work. The liver & its health may be infected, or any hereditary issue may cause its illness, which might be fatal for the body. The liver disease includes liver inflammation, Hepatitis A, B & C and Liver Cirrhosis, which adversely affects the health of the human. Every year, around 2 million deaths are caused because of liver & its health. Thus, it’s compulsory to care for this organ and take precautions regarding liver & its health.
These diseases can be cured with a number of ways including, medicine, nutritional therapy, lifestyle change and even transplant. In addition, herbal supplements are also useful, and many people take help of herbs and plants to cure the illness.
Here are some of the best herbs which help to improve the health of the liver and might be used for a healthy liver.
- TURMERIC: Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, anticancer and antioxidant properties, which makes it very useful for medicinal purposes. It contains a compound called Circumin, which plays an active role in treating liver inflammation. As per studies, it helps in reduction of inflammation if standard quantity is being taken. Studies show that Circumin helps in treatment of NAFLD, and thus turmeric.
- GARLIC: Garlic is a herb related to the family of Onion, Chives and Leeks. It produces chemicals called allicin and selenium, which helps to cleanse the liver. The compounds activate liver enzymes and flushes out the available toxins from the body naturally. A proper amount of garlic intake daily improves liver enzymes as pointed out in a study. As per the studies, garlic helps in significant reduction in ALT, LDL, AST and it helps in improvement of situations like fatty liver by reducing the fat accumulation. Raw garlic reduces the risk of Cancer and liver inflammation too.
- GINGER: Ginger root is commonly used as a medicinal benefit, including liver disease. It contains compounds such as gingerols and shogaols that inhibit inflammation and protect your body against cell damage. Also, ginger helps to protect your liver against toxins like Alcohol. It also helps in lowering cholesterol, blood sugar, and inflammation in people with liver diseases.
- AVOCADO: Avocados are a part of the berry family, offer many health benefits including improved liver health. The research shows that Avocado may help lower fats and help to prevent liver damage. People having Avocado in their diet experience lower body mass Index (BMI) and higher level of HDL cholesterol. These effects are shown due to the contents of high fiber, healthy fats, and water in the berry.
- GREEN TEA: The studies show that 500mg of green tea extract per day for 90 days reduces liver damage.Green tea protects you from various liver conditions including liver cancer, chronic liver disease, cirrhosis, and hepatitis. Itb has been noticed that green tea has been linked with powerful liver-protective effects.